The holidays are over. Let the healthy eating begin! To help shed all those unwanted pounds gained from the Christmas feasts, jumpstart your year with better eating habits. Now don’t let that scare you. Healthy eating need not be a bore. With Jack ‘n Jill Nova, the multigrain snack made from corn, wheat, rice and oats, meals and snacks can be nutritious, low fat yet high in appetite appeal. Jack ‘n Jill Nova shares these recipes which have the unique flavor and health benefits of a multigrain snack.
Nova Crusted Fish Cake
80 gms. fish fillet (2 slices)
juice from 1 pc calamansi
salt and pepper
10 gms Jack ‘n Jill Nova Chips Country Cheddar, crushed
- Season fish fillet with calamansi juice, salt, and pepper.
- Coat fish with crushed Nova Chips.
- Pan grilled, until golden brown.
- Serve with mashed kamote.
- Garnish with parsley sauce.
Fruity Oatmeal Treats
1-1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup cornflakes
1/2 pack Jack ‘n Jill Nova Chips Country Cheddar
1/4 cup raisins
130 g fruit cocktail
6 pcs crackers
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup low fat butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, put all the dry ingredients. Lightly crush.
- Pour in the butter mixture with the dry ingredients. Mix.
- When slightly cool, mold the mixture to your desired shape.
- Toast it for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve.