The rainy season is here again and one good way to keep your loved ones from feeling under the weather is by whipping up something hot and delicious straight from your superstar kitchen.
Give them the warmth only a mother can give with these two easy-to-make soup dishes that are filling, healthy and very tasty – Hunt’s Superstar Chicken Sotanghon Soup and Hunt’s Kitchen Superstar Clam Chowder and Potato Pasta.
HUNT’S SUPERSTAR CHICKEN SOTANGHON SOUP
Simple, warm chicken soup with carrots, sotanghon noodles and flavorful chicken broth. The ultimate comfort food that’s perfect for cold, rainy days.
1 tbsp corn oil 5 cloves garlic, chopped 2 pcs onion, chopped 1 pc carrot, cubed 1 kg chicken leg & thigh 1 pack Hunt’s Tomato Sauce with LycoFiber 200g 1/4 cup patis 8 cups water 2 tsp Turmeric powder 250 grams Sotanghon noodles 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Sauté garlic, onion and carrots in oil.
2. Add chicken pieces then pour in Hunt’s Tomato Sauce with LycoFiber and patis. Add 8 cups of water.
3. Simmer until chicken is tender, then add turmeric powder. Add sotanghon noodles, cook for 5 minutes or until noodles are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 8-10 servings.
HUNT’S SUPERSTAR CLAM CHOWDER & POTATO PASTA
A delicious buttery mix of clams, potatoes and pasta made more flavourful with tomatoes.
3 tbsp butter 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 piece onion, chopped 2 tsp dried basil 2 pcs potato, peeled and diced 350 grams clams, pre-cooked in boiling water then half-shelled 1 pack Hunt's Spaghetti Sauce Basil and Cheese 250g ½ cup cream ½ cup water 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper 400 grams cooked spaghetti
1. In a pan, melt butter then sauté garlic, onion and basil.
2. Add potato, then sauté until light brown. Add cooked clams, Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce Basil and Cheese, cream and water. Simmer until potato is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Toss in cooked spaghetti.
Makes 3-4 servings.