Turn pan de sal into an exciting new treat! Make it sweet or savory – put fruit jam or meat filling, blend in herbs or roll in oats. Use whole wheat flour for added nutrition. Further introduce varieties by offering different shapes and sizes. Pack in attractive container to sell as gifts.
35g Instant Yeast
1000g Blend 100 Flour
60g Powdered Milk
250g Bread Crumbs
Pan de Sal Preparation:
1. In a mixing bowl, dissolve instant yeast in water.
2. Add Blend 100 Flour, salt, sugar, butter shortening and powdered milk.
3. Knead until a soft dough forms.
4. Let rise until double, about 1 hour.
5. Punch down dough and roll into a 2 to 3–inch thick cane shape.
6. Dust cane-shaped dough with bread crumbs.
7. Divide dough into 30 g pieces, yields approximately 70 pieces.
8. Place the pieces of dough on baking sheet, cut side up.
9. Let rise until double in size.
10.Bake at 400ºF for about 12-20 minutes, or until top turns golden.
For Coco Jam-Filled Pan de Sal, fill the 30-gram pan de sal dough with 25 grams of coco jam. Seal dough completely and put sealed portion at the bottom. Let rest then bake.
For Sweet Herb Stick, add black olive slices and dry basil while mixing ingredients. To shape, roll 30-gram dough pieces into 1-inch width by 6-inch length cane-shaped dough.
For Whole Wheat Pan de Sal, add 200 grams of whole wheat flour and 500g of water while mixing ingredients. Coat top of 30-gram dough with rolled oats before baking.
2 Responses to “Pan de Sal”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.